A Business Improvement Area is a geographical area that allows local business people and property owners to join together and, with the support of the municipality, organize, finance and carry out physical improvement and promote economic development in their district.
Who are we?
Who are we?
- We are shop owners, entrepreneurs and volunteers.
- We believe in creating unique and exceptional consumer experiences.
- We know that great businesses are an essential part of great neighbourhoods.
- We are purveyors of goods, providers of services and leaders of commerce.
- We create gathering spaces that feed and entertain.
- We decorate and beautify the places where you walk, shop, work and play.
- We have grit and passion for our city.
- We are Hamilton’s Business Improvement Areas.
Hamilton has a total of 13 BIAs across the City – browse through the listing to learn more about city’s unique BIAs:
- Ancaster BIA
- Barton Village BIA
- Concession Street BIA
- Downtown Dundas BIA
- Downtown Hamilton BIA
- International Village BIA
- King Street West BIA
- Locke Street BIA
- Main Street Esplanade BIA
- Ottawa Street BIA
- Stoney Creek BIA
- Waterdown BIA
- Westdale Village BIA
- To improve, beautify and maintain public lands and buildings within the BIA, beyond that which is provided by the municipality at large and
- To promote the area as a business and shopping area.